- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
D.C. United advances in MLS playoffs
With a penalty-kick stop by Joe Willis and a goal by Nick DeLeon, United defeated New York, 1-0, to win the Eastern Conference semifinal.
D.C. United midfielder Nick DeLeon celebrates at the end of the MLS Eastern Conference semifinal playoff soccer game as New York Red Bulls goalkeeper Luis Robles watches on Nov. 8, 2012, in Harrison, N.J. DeLeon scored the only goal of the game as D.C. United defeated the Red Bulls, 1-0, to advance to the next round. (Associated Press)