- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- U.N. school in Gaza caught in cross-fire; 15 killed
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
Fury of the animal kingdom
It took one quick swipe, and the neck of 24-year-old Dianna Hanson was broken. Her death by lion was likely immediate, said Fresno, Calif., coroner David Hadden.
** FILE ** In this Oct. 7, 2007, this image taken from KGO television shows paramedics transporting a victim of a tiger mauling to San Francisco General Hospital on Tuesday. The man and another victim were in stable condition.