- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Gray becomes mayor of D.C.
Vincent C. Gray became the sixth elected mayor of the nation's capital Sunday at the Washington Convention Center.
Vincent C. Gray's grandson Austin Gray, 5, rests on the lap of his father, and Vincent Gray's son-in-law Stacy Tucker, as Washington D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray delivers his inauguration speech at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington D.C., Sunday January 2, 2011. (Rod Lamkey Jr / for The Washington Times)