- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Gun group gives training to 'sitting duck' teachers
Gun-rights advocates in Utah offered six hours of training in handling concealed weapons for 200 Utah teachers on Dec. 27, 2012, in the latest effort to arm teachers to confront school assailants.
Cori Sorensen, a fourth-grade teacher at Highland Elementary School in Highland, Utah, receives firearms training Dec. 27, 2012, with a .357 magnum from personal defense instructor Jim McCarthy during concealed-weapons training for 200 Utah teachers in West Valley City, Utah. The Utah Shooting Sports Council offered six hours of training in handling concealed weapons in the latest effort to arm teachers to confront school assailants. (Associated Press)