- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Hawaii's new senator Shatz casts his first vote
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called for reinforcements and Hawaii's governor responded, dispatching Lt. Gov. Brian Schatz to Washington to take over the state's empty Senate seat.
This handout video frame grab image provided by C-SPAN2 shows Vice President Joe Biden, left, administering the Senate Oath to Hawaii's newest Sen. Brian Schatz, center, as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nev., second from right, and retiring Hawaii Sen. Daniel Akaka, right, watch, Thursday, Dec. 27, 2012, on the Senate floor on Capitol Hill in Washington, Dec. 27, 2012, Schatz replaces Sen. Daniel Inouye, D-Hawaii who died last week. Akaka is retiring and will be succeeded by Rep. Mazie Hirono who was elected in November. (AP Photo/C-SPAN2)