- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Images of the Hajj
Saudi authorities say about 3.4 million pilgrims have made the Hajj to the holy cities of Mecca and Medina for this year's pilgrimage.
A large tent encampment covers the Plain of Arafat near Mecca, Saudi Arabia, on Oct 25. 2012, as millions converge for the annual Hajj, the most important pilgrimage of the Islamic faith. Oct 25. was is Arafat Day, the second day of the Hajj pilgrimage on which it is said that the religion had been perfected and the following day is the first day of the major Islamic Holiday of Eid ul-Adha. (Associated Press/Saudi Press Agency)