- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Irene blows through D.C. area
Hurricane Irene's high winds and rain caused property damage and power outages as it blew through the Washington area.
A city worker who did not wish to give his name checks out the scene where tree branches and a telephone line came down on Payne Street between Prince and Commerce Streets in Alexandria, Va, Sunday, August 28, 2011. As Hurricane Irene makes her exit from the region and points northbound along the Atlantic coast, people start the process of cleaning up after the category one hurricane. (Rod Lamkey Jr./The Washington Times)