- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
Issa opens hearings on 'Fast and Furious'
Rep. Darrell Issa, California Republican, opens House hearings looking into the Justice Department's firearms trafficking operation in Mexico.
From left, Jose Wall, ATF Senior Special Agent, Carlos Canino, ATF Acting Attach to Mexico, Lorren Leadmon, ATF Intelligence Operations Specialist, William Newell, Former ATF Special Agent in Charge, and William McMahon, ATF Deputy Assistant Director for Field Operations, are sworn in during a House Oversight and Government Reform hearing looking into the Justice Department's firearms trafficking investigation, Operation Fast and Furious, on Capitol Hill Washington, D.C., Tuesday, July 26, 2011. (Drew Angerer/The Washington Times)