- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Kaine, Allen debate in McLean, Va.
Tim Kaine, the Democratic candidate for Virginia's U.S. Senate seat, and his Republican counterpart, George Allen, square off in a debate at the Capital One Conference Center in McLean, Va.
George Allen, former governor of Virginia, acknowledges the panelists for the 2012 U.S. Senate Debate, from left, Aaron Gilchrist from NBC4, Ben Pershing, a Washington Post reporter, and Julie Carey of NBC4, before taking the stage at the Capital One Conference Center in McLean, Va. on Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012. (Barbara L. Salisbury/The Washington Times)