- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Mexico to release former U.S. Marine
Jon Hammar, a former U.S. Marine who saw combat in both Iraq and Afghanistan, was scheduled Friday for release from a prison in Mexico.
Former Marine Jon Hammar, who served combat tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, was arrested for illegally possessing an antique firearm even though he declared the gun to Mexican Customs agents. He is shown during surfing in Costa Rica in 2007. He could face up to 15 years in prison if convicted. (Photo courtesy Olivia Hammar)