- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Military-themed college football uniforms prompt mixed emotions
A sampling of the patriotic and military uniforms college football teams have rolled out this year as a show of support for the troops.
This undated photo provided by Northwestern Athletic Department shows a model dressed in the NCAA college football team's new the patriotic-themed uniform. When Northwestern takes the field against Michigan on Saturday, the Wildcats will trade their familiar purple for a set of patriotic uniforms like no other; stars and stripes across the shoulders and a distressed pattern that to some looks like blood stains on a flag. They're simply the latest push by companies that supply athletic equipment to schools to honor the military, and the players love it , especially when they help raise money for soldiers injured in the line of duty. (AP Photo/Northwestern University)