- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Obama accepts nomination for second term
President Obama accepts the nomination for a second term as president at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C.
President Barack Obama accepts his party's nomination for a second term as President of the United States at the Democratic National Convention in the Time Warner Arena in Charlotte, N.C., on Thursday, September 6, 2012. (Barbara Salisbury/ The Washington Times)