- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
The Old Guard prepares cannons for July Fourth
The Old Guard prepares cannons for the boom during Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" at the conclusion of the "A Capitol Fourth 2011" concert.
Members of the Old Guard Presidential Salute Battery move a cannon into position near the U.S. Capitol in Washington on Sunday, July 3, 2011, in preparation for Monday's Fourth of July celebration on the National Mall. (Drew Angerer/The Washington Times)