- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
RNC: Delegates enjoy Tampa during 'snow day'
Inside funky Gaspar’s Grotto, where a shot and a beer cost $2 and lusty pirate statues rule the roost, members of the Maryland delegation to the Republican National Convention were doing lunchtime battle — and winning — with heaping plates of Cuban sandwiches and steaming bowls of paella.
Alternate delegate from Baltimore County, Maryland Gloria Murphy passes out Mardi Gras style beads to fellow to people as she and other delegates from Maryland take shelter from the spotty rain at Gaspar's Grotto as tropical storm Isaac delays the kickoff of Republican National Convention. (Rod Lamkey Jr./The Washington Times)