- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Former Penn State University assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky is sentenced at the Centre County Courthouse in Bellefonte, Pa., on Oct. 9, 2012, after being convicted in June in a child sexual abuse scandal.
Former Penn State University assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky (center) is escorted Oct. 9, 2012, by police as he leaves the Centre County Courthouse after being sentenced in Bellefonte, Pa. (Associated Press)