- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Supreme Court still mulling whether to hear suits about gay marriage
On Monday, the high court said it would discuss in its Friday conference several cases surrounding the federal Defense of Marriage Act.
** FILE ** An unidentified woman holds a Bible as she stands in silent prayer on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court in Washington in the hour before the justices return to the bench for another term on Monday, Oct. 1, 2012. (Rod Lamkey Jr./The Washington Times)