- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Syrian air force bombs rebels
Syria's air force fired missiles and dropped barrel bombs on rebel strongholds while opposition fighters attacked regime positions.
Rebel fighters belonging to the Liwa Al-Tawhid group keep an eye on their enemy's position as they prepare to open fire as mortar explosions and gunshots are heard in the nearby battlefield in the Karm al-Jabel neighborhood of Aleppo, Syria, on Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012. Syria's air force fired missiles and dropped barrel bombs on rebel strongholds while opposition fighters attacked regime positions, flouting a U.N.-backed cease-fire that was supposed to quiet fighting over a long holiday weekend but never took hold. (AP Photo/Narciso Contreras)