- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Syrian rebels attack army checkpoint
Syrian rebels killed 28 soldiers in attacks on a military checkpoint on Thursday, just hours after a wave of bombings hit Damascus.
In this Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012 photo, a Syrian civilian keeps vigil for his 8-year-old daughter as she struggles for life at a hospital after they were injured by an aerial attack by government forces in the Bab al-Neyrab neighborhood of Aleppo, Syria. Violent clashes re-ignited along the city's frontline while government warplanes attacked rebel controlled areas throughout the financial capital of Syria's largest city. (AP Photo/Narciso Contreras).