- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
Syrian rebels attack army checkpoint
Syrian rebels killed 28 soldiers in attacks on a military checkpoint on Thursday, just hours after a wave of bombings hit Damascus.
In this Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012 photo, shows the destruction along a street in the Karm al-Jebel neighborhood of Aleppo, Syria. Violent clashes re-ignited along the city's frontline while government warplanes attacked rebel controlled areas throughout the financial capital of Syria's largest city. (AP Photo/Narciso Contreras).