- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Town outraged over government pay
Revelations about the salaries of city leaders in Bell, Calif., has sparked anger in a town that is one of the poorest in Los Angeles County.
Bell city residents applaud a speaker during a special Bell City Council meeting to consider firing the police chief and two top administrators, Thursday, July 22, 2010, in Bell, Calif. Revelations about Bell city leaders' pay has sparked anger in a blue-collar town that is one of the poorest in Los Angeles County. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello)