- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
- Coburn calls hiring of embattled background check firm ‘troubling’
- World Cup: It’s raining men in Brazil as women samba with visitors
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl captured in photo smiling with Taliban jihadist
- Germany demands ouster of U.S. spy chief
- GOP senators knock EPA power grab
- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
To turn 12 on 12/12/12
Wednesday is the last time most people living today will see a repeating day, month and year — 12/12/12. A mark of luck? One young man who is celebrating a milestone birthday on 12/12/12 is Wil Hiday. The Vienna, Va., boy turns 12 on Wednesday, and he planned to kick off the momentous occasion with a midnight meal at IHOP.
Wil Hiday arranges donuts in the shape of the number "12" on two cookie sheets at his house in Vienna, Va. on Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2012. Wil, who will turn 12 Wednesday on 12/12/12, plans on bringing the donuts in to school to share with his friends. He will celebrate with his family tonight at the stroke of midnight at IHOP. (Barbara L. Salisbury/The Washington Times)