- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Sharp shooter: See The Washington Times' award-winning photos
2013 VPA photo contest winners from Andrew Harnik of The Washington Times. Please visit our Facebook page to vote for your favorite!
2013 Virginia Press Association 1st Place - Sports feature photo Annapolis Naval Academy freshmen, Class of 2016, attempt to climb the Herndon Monument at the U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md., Monday, May 20, 2013. The annual competition held between classes has first year plebes use teamwork to build a human pyramid and replace the first year "dixie cup" hat at the top of the lard-covered monument with an upperclassman's hat. After the event the freshmen are no longer called plebes but "fourth class midshipmen." This year's class completed the event in one hour and 32 minutes.