- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Sharp shooter: See The Washington Times' award-winning photos
2013 VPA photo contest winners from Andrew Harnik of The Washington Times. Please visit our Facebook page to vote for your favorite!
2013 Virginia Press Association 1st Place - Sports feature photo Annapolis Naval Academy freshmen, Class of 2016, attempt to climb the Herndon Monument at the U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md., Monday, May 20, 2013. The annual competition held between classes has first year plebes use teamwork to build a human pyramid and replace the first year "dixie cup" hat at the top of the lard-covered monument with an upperclassman's hat. After the event the freshmen are no longer called plebes but "fourth class midshipmen." This year's class completed the event in one hour and 32 minutes.