- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Warrior's welcome in Georgia
More than 100 soldiers who were deployed in Afghanistan from the Army’s 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, were welcomed home in a ceremony at Fort Stewart, Ga., on Wednesday.
Patricia Parra, left, spots her son PFC Fabian Castrillon in formation along with his fiancee Marivel Penalea, right, during a welcome home ceremony for soldiers from the Army's 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012 at Fort Stewart, Ga. One hundred troops returned home after their first deployment to Afghanistan. Overall about 2,200 soldiers from Fort StewartÃs 3rd Infantry Division have deployed to Afghanistan this year. (AP Photo/Stephen Morton)