- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
World Trade Center spire
The final piece of the spire is hoisted to the roof of One World Trade Center in New York, capping the tower at 1,776 feet.
The final piece of the spire is hoisted to the roof of One World Trade Center, Thursday, May 2, 2013 in New York. The piece will be attached to the spire at a later date, capping off the tower at 1,776 feet. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)