- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Nats bring Robinson back
Question of the Day
Natal, 40, spent four seasons as the Nationals’ bullpen coach and catching instructor. Voigt, 39, spent one year with the organization as an on-field instructor before games and as a scout from the press box during games. The club has decided to eliminate his position.
Robinson said he fought to retain every member of his staff but accepted Bowden’s authority to make the final decision.
“I thought they did a tremendous job for me. They were good baseball people, and they were hard-working,” Robinson said. “I guess after what happened during the second half of the season, somebody had to take the blame. I thought that was very unfair for them to have to take the hit for the way the ballclub finished.”
Bowden said he — in conjunction with Robinson — immediately will begin the search to fill the four coaching vacancies. He would not reveal the names of any candidates, but a club source said it’s unlikely anyone will be promoted from within the organization.
“I’d like to say that I can pick my own staff, but I don’t know if that’s going to be possible,” Robinson said. “The main thing is to get people in here that are good baseball people, that are good teachers and that will be able to get along with players and get their point across.”
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq