- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Haywood, Thomas have altercation
Washington Wizards coach Eddie Jordan benched starting center Brendan Haywood and reserve center Etan Thomas last night because of an altercation between the two players at Monday’s practice, according to two team sources.
Haywood came off the bench to play 34 minutes in last night’s 90-78 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves, and Thomas did not play at all.
Before the game, Jordan announced Michael Ruffin would start in Haywood’s place at center. Haywood finished the game with nine points and nine rebounds.
Jordan said Haywood was being benched for violating an unspecified team rule. Jordan mentioned nothing about Thomas but since he is not a starter — and because he has played a limited role for the team this season — no questions were asked about whether or not he would play.
According to three sources, a heated argument took place between the two players during Monday’s evening practice, the first since the All-Star break. Two sources said blows were exchanged, while a third source simply maintained that the two were clearly at odds with each other.
Haywood had no comment after the game.
— John N. Mitchell
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes