- The Washington Times - Friday, May 19, 2006

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

CHICAGO — Washington Nationals outfielder Jose Guillen said he is “90 percent” sure he will be put on the disabled list with a right hamstring strain that has been plaguing him for the last week.

Guillen did not play in yesterday’s series finale against the Chicago Cubs. He was removed from Wednesday night’s game in the fourth inning when he aggravated the injury.

The veteran right fielder, who is hitting a meager .218 in 36 games this season, was examined by orthopedic specialist Tim Kremchek yesterday morning. He plans to meet with club officials today to decide a course of action but admitted he’s likely headed to the DL.

“It’s been bothering me for a week now,” Guillen said. “It’s not getting any better, so I’m probably going to have to miss two weeks.”

The Nationals have officially declared Guillen’s status as “day-to-day,” but manager Frank Robinson said following yesterday’s game that he believes the injury is more serious than that.

Mark Zuckerman

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide