- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions ‘murderous’
- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
Last night at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland:
SEEN AND HEARD
Former Wizards assistant coach Mike Brown, entering his second season at the helm in Cleveland, said expectations indeed have increased for the Cavaliers following last year. Cleveland won 50 games and pushed the Detroit Pistons in the second round last season.
“I’m walking into the building, and I’ve got people pounding me on the back saying, ‘Let’s go for a championship.’ And we haven’t played one regular-season game yet,” Brown said before tipoff. “So the expectations have risen, and they should. But let’s get the season started first.”
Remember when nobody even knew that Gund Arena, the old name for Quicken Loans Arena, held NBA games? All that has changed now with the arrival of LeBron James.
Games are sold out now, and the Cavaliers organization is making money rather than hemorrhaging it. The Cavaliers have moved their beat writers and all visiting reporters off the floor and up into the second level of the arena, far away from the action. …
Andray Blatche was joined on the Wizards’ inactive list by James Lang and the injured Darius Songaila. Songaila will have back surgery today on the ruptured disc in his back.
BY THE NUMBERS
9 Consecutive shots missed by Gilbert Arenas before he sank his first basket of the game, a 3-pointer with 3:34 left in the third quarter.
— John N. Mitchell
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.