- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
Question of the Day
School investigated over improper testing
Stafford High School is under investigation for suspected improprieties in administering Standards of Learning (SOL) tests to students with disabilities.
A state Department of Education spokesman said the agency has interviewed staff and reviewed records of the Stafford County school about the accusations, which involved SOL testing in May.
This is the third time the state has had such an investigation since the tests were first given in 1998.
The first two state-initiated investigations occurred in 2005, at an elementary school in Richmond and a high school on the Eastern Shore.
Girlfriend accused of mailing drugs
Richmond City Jail officials say the girlfriend of an inmate was arrested for trying to mail heroin to her incarcerated boyfriend. They said the envelope had her return address and that the letter was smeared with a white paste suspected to be heroin.
Investigators arrested Dontae Raines, 28, last month on a charge of trying to mail contraband to an inmate. The Sheriff’s Office is not charging Miss Raines’ boyfriend, so his name was not released.
Minister charged with DUI, flashing
Police in Johnson City, Tenn., arrested a Bristol minister suspected of driving under the influence and indecent exposure.
Police said Tommy Tester, 58, urinated in front of children at a car wash while wearing a skirt. He is also charged with having an open container of alcohol in his vehicle.
He will remain free on bond until an October court hearing.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world