- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
“What’s with these, spoiled, anorexic, garishly made-up, expensively and skimpily dressed, drug addicted, alcohol swilling, chimney smoking, foul-mouthed, arrogant, ignorant, so-called ‘young stars’?
“Is there no end? The maxi-publicized, mini-talented Paris Hilton goes to the slammer for 23 days and ‘finds God.’ Well, sort of.
“With scarcely a beat, Nicole Richie, another no-talent party-girl and pal of Paris, gets a four-day jail sentence for a DUI, along with community service, a fine and probation. It’s her second DUI conviction. On top of that, this example of starvation-chic is pregnant by a boyfriend. Tabloids speculate which one.
“Then, there’s Britney Spears, already on thin ice concerning custody of her two children. She was the center of a midday brawl at a Las Vegas casino, as a photographer tried to get a picture of Brit and her son when they walked through. Spears‘ bodyguard jumped the guy, who suffered minor injuries. …
“And of course … Lindsay Lohan — just celebrated her 21st birthday, officially making her an ‘adult.’
“I guess she didn’t read the instruction book.”
— Barbara Simpson writing on, “Lindsay & Co. exposed and obscene,” Monday at WorldNetDaily.com
“Of all the bogeys you might have thought well and truly nailed in the past decade or so, the population-control movement seemed most obviously to have a stake through its heart. At a time when we — I mean, anyone over 35 — are all horribly conscious that there won’t be enough taxpayers to support us … in our old age, the very last thing we need to worry about is excess population growth. …
“But, against all the odds, the population-control lobby is back and trying to make the breeders feel guilty. …
“[W]hen it comes to the suggestion that in Western Europe, and especially Britain, we should be cutting back on babies, especially among the indigenous population, well, the family planners have got to be nuts. Do they all have private pension provision, own homes and health insurance, or what? …
“Europe needs more babies — the average continental family has a mere 1.37 children. …
“The last thing we should be doing is bullying people to breed less.”
— Melanie McDonagh, writing on “The cry should go up in Europe: more babies, please,” July 13 in the Times of London
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.