- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Postcard from Tulsa
The Rover is drooling with anticipation over his dinner plans for later in the week. Courtesy of the good folks at Hebert’s Specialty Meats, a Tulsa institution, the Rover will be dining on Turducken later this week. Inspired by cajun cuisine, Hebert’s places a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey and smokes the whole deal up. The Rover generally prefers his meat off the hoof, but he simply cannot pass up such a fowl-fest. Stay tuned.
•A fellow college football disciple sent the Rover a link to a photo of North Carolina freshman and former Ballou superstar Marvin Austin.
Rivals’ 2006 High School Defensive Player of the Year, the defensive tackle formerly known as “The Predator” appears to have eaten the rest of UNC’s star recruiting class. Holy mansiere, Marvin! New coach Butch Davis is hopeful that Austin will be ambulatory by the team’s Sept. 1 opener against James Madison.
— Barker Davis
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- House defeats Democrats' attempt to rebuke Issa
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again