- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
Upscale area accessible in myriad forms
Question of the Day
K. Hovnanian Homes is building 1,100 single-family homes at Eagles Pointe near Woodbridge, where homes are available in four series ranging from 1,800 to more than 3,700 finished square feet.
Base prices start in the low $400,000s.
Powell’s Creek runs through the community, which features walking trails, open spaces, tot lots and a recreation center with a fitness center and a swimming pool.
Call 866/407-3830 or visit www.khov.com.
At Occoquan Reach, a new development by WCI Communities Inc. less than one mile from historic Occoquan, residents can stroll along the riverfront or visit the shops and restaurants in this charming town.
WCI Communities is building town homes with stone-and-siding exteriors, a two-car garage and a rooftop loft.
The community association provides snow and leaf removal along with gutter clean-up and other maintenance.
Home prices range from the upper $400,000s to the mid-$500,000s.
Call 703/491-2727 or visit www.wcicommunities.com.
In Gainesville, near I-66 and Linton Hall Road, Brookfield Homes Corp. is building Morris Farm. Half of the community will be devoted to meadows, and there will be multiple parks and walking trails with observation decks, along with Peacock Park, which includes a tot lot and treehouse.
Morris Farm includes a community center with a swimming pool and tennis courts and is located near major shopping areas and commuter routes. A wide variety of homes are available from Brookfield, Craftmark and Ryan Homes.
Prices for single-family homes range from the mid-$300,000s to the upper $600,000s. The town homes are priced from the upper $300,000s.
Call 703/753-6650 for Brookfield, 703/361-5815 for Craftmark or 703/530-7032 for Ryan or visit www.morrisfarmva.com.
Brookfield is building Saranac in Gainesville, a gated enclave with lake access for the community and lake views for many of the homes, which are to be built on one-half acre sites.
The Cabin Collection of homes, priced from the upper $700,000s, features Adirondack-style architecture with simple lines and colors that blend with nature.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world