- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Question of the Day
On Brown-Bush meeting:
LONDON — Gordon Brown’s standoffish demeanor at his joint press conference with George W. Bush at Camp David last week was put down by many to a novice’s nerves. …
In fact, Mr. Brown’s coolness had nothing to do with inexperience. It was calculated. He was intent on establishing a more arm’s-length relationship with a man for whom he has scant regard and whom he views, understandably enough, as a political lame duck.
The first tangible outcome of this change of posture emerged yesterday with the government’s formal request for the release of five British residents from the American detention camp at Guantanamo Bay. … In reality, it is a highly symbolic political gesture designed to show the Brown government’s distaste for Guantanamo. The five are not British citizens, and there is no obligation for us to take them. …
Doubtless, Mr. Brown thinks it is good politics to nail the “Bush’s poodle” gibe at the outset of his premiership. Yet our alliance with America remains the cornerstone of our foreign policy. It has served this country well — but such relationships are fragile things, with which we play politics at our peril. Mr. Brown should tread carefully.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- GOP Rep. Tim Murphy rolls out mental health legislation
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- White House faces press revolt over access to Obama's South Africa flight
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Lists of top ten movies, songs, funny moments, fashion statements, automobiles, children's names, stupid celebrity moments, first dates, last dates, weddings, and much, much more.
Communities writers read and review current and past books of note. Also, news and views focusing on print and online media.
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow