- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Question of the Day
— David Elfin
• Agreed. He does not seem to fit well at all. Everyone in the organization knows his 2006 performance was bad, and if JC [Jason Campbell] saw real improvement in Lloyd and some chemistry building between the two then he would say so.
Posted by Chad Cole — August 9, 2007 7:39 PM
• Agreed. And I’m sure the aforementioned backups will strengthen the 53-man roster, by doing things that Lloyd wouldn’t, like go across the middle and play on special teams.
Posted by JM — August 9, 2007 10:23 PM
• You are being a little impatient regarding Brandon LLoyd. Now don’t get me wrong: He is immature, but I think [Joe] Gibbs put him in his place. We should see results [and] if we don’t then I agree he needs to be cut.
Since Gibbs has been back and since Gary Clark left, that receiver on that side has been nonexistent. Do you remember David Patten? And I don’t know who was on that side before him.
Posted by Steve — August 10, 2007 9:39 AM
• I don’t particularly like Brandon Lloyd from the issues he has had off the field, and his play last year was poor. But I think it’s worth at this point in the season giving him a chance this year. If he [stinks] this year then they should can him.
Posted by Peter — August 10, 2007 2:58 P
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs