Hillwood Museum and Gardens
4155 Linnean Ave. NW. By reservation 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. Reservation fee of $5-$12. 202/686-5807.
• Revitalized estate of visionary collector, philanthropist and businesswoman Marjorie Merriweather Post, reopened after a three-year renovation. Most comprehensive collections of 18th- and 19th-century Russian imperial art outside Russia and of 18th-century French decorative arts.
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
Independence Avenue and Seventh Street SW. Metro: L’Enfant Plaza. 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. daily. Closed holidays. Free walk-in tours noon Monday-Friday, noon-2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. 202/633-1000.
• “Black Box: Takeshi Murata.” Through Sept. 9.
International Spy Museum
800 F St. NW. 9 a.m.-8 p.m. daily. $13-$16. Tickets available through Ticketmaster. 202/393-7798.
• Book signing: John F. Sullivan: “Gatekeeper: Memoirs of CIA Polygraph Examiner.” Aug 16. noon -1 p.m.
Koshland Science Museum
Sixth and E streets NW. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily except Tuesdays. Closed Tuesday and holidays. Metro: Gallery Place-Chinatown or Judiciary Square. 202/334-1201. $3-$5.
• “Putting DNA to Work.” On permanent display.
2401 Foxhall Road NW. Guided tours 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday. Open to public 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday except holidays. $5 suggested donation. Reservations required. 202/338-3552.
• Permanent collection of 19th- and 20th-century paintings and sculptures.