- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
Theater and Dance
The Devil in His Own Words
Fiona and Friends at the Carwash
n Part of the Heartfriends Musical series. 7 p.m. Friday, 3 and 5 p.m. Saturday, Sunday. Venus Theatre Company, 21 C St., Laurel. $12-$15. Through Aug. 26. 301/470-2406.
n A revival of Olsen and Johnson’s zany 1936 musical revue. 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday; 2:30 Saturday-Sunday. American Century Theater, Gunston Theater II, 2700 South Lang St., Arlington. $23-$38. Through Aug. 18. 703/553-8782.
n Harold Pinter’s dark comedy takes place in a mental institution on Christmas Eve. 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday. Through Sept. 9. Longacre Lea Productions, Catholic University, 3801 Harewood Road NE. $12-$18. 202/460-2188.
n A lonely man is made to feel alive again through the love of his family. 8 p.m. Thursday-Sunday, 2 p.m. Sunday. Aug. 16-Sept. 9. Theater Alliance, 1365 H Street, NE. $30. 202/396-0050.
n A.R. Gurney’s comedic play about a wealthy woman who tells a college writing class about her days with a man at the highest level of government. 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday; 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday; 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Sunday. Aug. 22-Sept. 23. Rep Stage at Howard Community College, 10901 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia. $17-$25. 410/772-4940.
n Obsessive love and passion plague two couples on twin honeymoons in the Washington Shakespeare Company’s production of the Noel Coward classic. 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Saturday, Sunday. Through Sept. 9. Playbill Backroom, 1409 14th Street NW. $35. 202/265-3055.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again