- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
TONIGHT’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Matt Chico faces new 300-game winner Tom Glavine as the Nationals play host to the Mets. 7 p.m., Ch. 20, MASN2
HE SAID WHAT?
“He’s doing a lot of public-service work, and I think that’s terribly important. I think it’s more important for us to keep getting the message out.” — Bud Selig on Jason Giambi
TWT FIVE ” QUOTES FROM PHIL RIZZUTO
1. “I like radio better than television because if you make a mistake on radio, they don’t know. You can make up anything on the radio.”
2. “They’ve got so many Latin players we’re going to have to get a Latin instructor up here.”
3. “I’ll take anyway to get into the Hall of Fame. If they want a batboy, I’ll go in as a batboy.”
4. “And that ball is out of here. No, it’s not. Yes, it is. No, it’s not. What happened?”
5. “Holy cow!”
WEEKEND PREVIEW: THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Mystics at Connecticut Sun
Will a win Sunday in the last regular season game for the Mystics be a precursor to an unexpected run through the WNBA playoffs?
3M Performance 400
No Chevrolet has won at Michigan since Jeff Gordon in 2001. We’re not sure whether that means anything. A sleeper for Sunday: Bill Elliott (seven wins there).
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.