- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
TODAY ON WASHINGTONTIMES.COM
HE SAID WHAT?
“My body is spent and I need a break.”
TWT FIVE >> WORST PLAYOFF SYSTEMS
1. NCAA Division I-A Football Because there still isn’t a real playoff system.
2. PGA Tour The new FedEx Cup is DOA because the sport’s king doesn’t care enough to show up for the first round.
3. Class A Minor League Baseball The first-half champion playing the second-half champion reeks of preschool.
4. NASCAR The old system wasn’t broke, and they keep tweaking the new one. But the bottom line is the race cars won’t steal eyes or attention from the NFL.
5. MLS Welcome to the world of “Goals Against,” where wins and losses don’t matter.
WEEKEND PREVIEW: THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Mystics at Connecticut Sun
Will a win tomorrow in the last regular season game for the Mystics be a precursor to an unexpected run through the WNBA playoffs?
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again