- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
Question of the Day
TODAY ON WASHINGTONTIMES.COM
• D1SCOURSE: Patrick Stevens and Corey Masisak report from the Maryland and Navy football scrimmages.
• CHATTER: Mark Zuckerman analyzes the Nationals’ deal for Wily Mo Pena.
HE SAID WHAT?
“My body is spent and I need a break.”
Tiger Woods on his Web site, announcing he’ll skip the first round of the PGA Tour’s new playoff system
TWT FIVE >> WORST PLAYOFF SYSTEMS
1. NCAA Division I-A Football Because there still isn’t a real playoff system.
2. PGA Tour The new FedEx Cup is DOA because the sport’s king doesn’t care enough to show up for the first round.
3. Class A Minor League Baseball The first-half champion playing the second-half champion reeks of preschool.
4. NASCAR The old system wasn’t broke, and they keep tweaking the new one. But the bottom line is the race cars won’t steal eyes or attention from the NFL.
5. MLS Welcome to the world of “Goals Against,” where wins and losses don’t matter.
WEEKEND PREVIEW: THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Mystics at Connecticut Sun
Will a win tomorrow in the last regular season game for the Mystics be a precursor to an unexpected run through the WNBA playoffs?
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world