- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
TODAY ON WASHINGTONTIMES.COM
• D1SCOURSE: Patrick Stevens and Corey Masisak report from the Maryland and Navy football scrimmages.
• CHATTER: Mark Zuckerman analyzes the Nationals’ deal for Wily Mo Pena.
HE SAID WHAT?
“My body is spent and I need a break.”
Tiger Woods on his Web site, announcing he’ll skip the first round of the PGA Tour’s new playoff system
TWT FIVE >> WORST PLAYOFF SYSTEMS
1. NCAA Division I-A Football Because there still isn’t a real playoff system.
2. PGA Tour The new FedEx Cup is DOA because the sport’s king doesn’t care enough to show up for the first round.
3. Class A Minor League Baseball The first-half champion playing the second-half champion reeks of preschool.
4. NASCAR The old system wasn’t broke, and they keep tweaking the new one. But the bottom line is the race cars won’t steal eyes or attention from the NFL.
5. MLS Welcome to the world of “Goals Against,” where wins and losses don’t matter.
WEEKEND PREVIEW: THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Mystics at Connecticut Sun
Will a win tomorrow in the last regular season game for the Mystics be a precursor to an unexpected run through the WNBA playoffs?
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.