- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Judge refuses to dismiss madam case
A federal judge has refused to dismiss a racketeering indictment against the woman who ran a D.C. escort service and is accused of being the D.C. madam.
Miss Palfrey was indicted in March on charges she was running a prostitution service. She said she ran a legitimate business and did not break the law.
Absentee voting set for special election
Residents of Wards 1 and 2 who cannot make it to the polls during Tuesday’s special election for a new school board member can cast their ballots now.
In-person absentee voting is available for registered voters who are senior citizens, have physical limitations, are traveling out of town or who otherwise cannot vote Tuesday.
Voters can cast their ballots today and Monday in the D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics' Voter Services Office in Room 250-North at 441 Fourth Street NW.
Polling places will be open in Wards 1 and 2 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Boy almost drowns in county pool
A 3-year-old boy nearly drowned yesterday in a Montgomery County pool.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again