- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
Adu will be playing against the best in Portugal rather than the best in Major League Soccer, which will make him better prepared to lead the U.S. national team in the future.
TWT FIVE REASONS TO AVOID REDSKINS TRAINING CAMP
1. It’s too hot. There isn’t an ounce of shade available for anybody watching, save the two police officers standing in the south end zone.
2. There’s nowhere to sit. There are no bleachers available, so arrive early to avoid looking at the back of somebody’s head.
3. Nothing much happens.Joe Gibbs isn’t a big believer in heavy contact during training camp, so don’t expect any big hits by the defense.
4. Autographs are tough to get. Because of where the fans stand, players have to go out of their way to sign for the non-VIP types.
5. It’s too expensive. Admission and parking are free, but it’s $4 for a hot dog and $3 for a bottle of water. Head to the swimming pool or movies instead.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- IRS pays tax cheats hundreds of millions of dollars
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Rush weighs in: Maybe Republicans dont dislike Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow