- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Question of the Day
American Indian Sculpture Garden. On permanent display.
Drug Enforcement Administration Museum
700 Army Navy Drive, Arlington. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday. 202/307-3463.
“Illegal Drugs in America: A Modern History.” On permanent display.
2715 Q St. NW. Headquarters of the Society of the Colonial Dames of America. Guided tours 10:15 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday except holidays. 202/337-2288.
American furniture and decorative and fine arts of the 18th and early 19th centuries.
Fells Point Maritime Museum
1724 Thames St., Baltimore. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday-Monday. $4, $3 for students, children and seniors; free for children 12 and younger. 410/732-0278.
Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol St. SE. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Saturday. 202/544-4600.
“Shakespeare in American Life.” Through Aug. 17.
Frederick Douglass Historic Site
1411 W St. SE. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily except holidays. 202/426-5961.
Reservations are recommended to tour the home. Tours are at 9 a.m., 12:15, 3 p.m., 3:30 p.m., and 4 p.m. $1.50 reservation charge. 877/444-6777.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Jesse Jackson hits Obama for putting immigrant children first
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener