- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
Question of the Day
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Eighth and F streets NW. 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m. daily, except Dec. 25. 202/633-1000.
“Earl Cunningham’s America.” Aug. 10-Nov. 4.
Anacostia Museum and Center for African American History and Culture
1901 Fort Place SE. Open daily 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 202/633-4820.
“Voices and Visions of Tha Bloc: An Exhibition by Ellis L. Marsalis III.” Through Aug. 12.
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
1050 Independence Ave. SW. Open daily 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. 202/357-2700.
“Encompassing the Globe: Portugal and the World in the 16th and 17th Centuries.” Through Sept. 16.
“Parades: Freer Ceramics Installed by Gwyn Hanssen Pigott.” Through Nov. 4.
Baltimore Museum of Art
Art Museum Drive off the 3100 block of North Charles Street, Baltimore. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday-Friday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, Sunday. Closed Monday, Tuesday. Admission free, except for ticketed exhibits. 410/396-7100.
“Front Room: Ripple Effect.” Through Sept. 2.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world