- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Question of the Day
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Eighth and F streets NW. 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m. daily, except Dec. 25. 202/633-1000.
“Earl Cunningham’s America.” Aug. 10-Nov. 4.
Anacostia Museum and Center for African American History and Culture
1901 Fort Place SE. Open daily 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 202/633-4820.
“Voices and Visions of Tha Bloc: An Exhibition by Ellis L. Marsalis III.” Through Aug. 12.
Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
1050 Independence Ave. SW. Open daily 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. 202/357-2700.
“Encompassing the Globe: Portugal and the World in the 16th and 17th Centuries.” Through Sept. 16.
“Parades: Freer Ceramics Installed by Gwyn Hanssen Pigott.” Through Nov. 4.
Baltimore Museum of Art
Art Museum Drive off the 3100 block of North Charles Street, Baltimore. 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday-Friday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, Sunday. Closed Monday, Tuesday. Admission free, except for ticketed exhibits. 410/396-7100.
“Front Room: Ripple Effect.” Through Sept. 2.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!