- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
Question of the Day
TONIGHT’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
You could buy a ticket to the Legg Mason Tennis Classic here in the District, or you could be lazy and watch it on TV. 7 p.m., ESPN2
HE SAID WHAT?
“This has been a tough experience, I don”t mind telling you.” — Baseball commissioner Bud Selig on following Barry Bonds‘ pursuit of the career record for home runs
TWT FIVE ” PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME SNUBS
1. Maxie Baughan: Eagles linebacker went to the Pro Bowl nine times in the 1960s. Only a handful of linebackers have 10 or more and they are in or shoo-ins for the Hall of Fame.
2. Chris Hanburger: Redskins linebacker also went to nine Pro Bowls, a team record. Considered one of the best linebackers of the late 1960s and 1970s.
3. Alan Ameche: Colts fullback played just six seasons but was elected to four Pro Bowls and was named to the 1950s All-Decade team. He also scored the winning touchdown in the storied 1958 NFL Championship game.
4. Cliff Harris: Considered one of football’s hardest hitters, the Cowboys safety appeared in five Super Bowls and six Pro Bowls during the 1970s.
5. Art Monk: For crying out loud.
WEEKEND PREVIEW: THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
” Giants at Padres
” Los Angeles Galaxy at Toronto FC
The possible debut of David Beckham, balky ankle and all, in an official MLS match Sunday.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world