- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
Question of the Day
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: RFK Stadium
Today: 7:05 p.m., RHP Kip Wells (4-13, 5.72) vs. RHP Tim Redding (1-2, 2.64).
Tomorrow: 7:05 p.m., TBA vs. RHP Joel Hanrahan (0-0, 4.50).
Sunday: 1:05 p.m., RHP Adam Wainwright (10-8, 4.38) vs. LHP Matt Chico (5-6, 4.73).
Series breakdown: Last year’s World Series champions have been trying to get into contention after a horrible start, but it may be too late. After winning four in a row this week, the Cardinals lost two straight to the Pirates before heading to the District last night. The problem, as it has been all season, is a makeshift rotation. St. Louis starters have posted a 5.49 ERA this year, highest in the National League. Since the All-Star break, that number is 6.35. Not even Albert Pujols can overcome that.
— Mark Zuckerman
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world