- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Question of the Day
Participates in a lunch with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, the Defense Policy Programs Team and the Foreign Policy Team at Camp David.
8:30 a.m. —Bureau of Labor Statisticsreleases the preliminary productivity and costs for second quarter 2007. Location: 200 Constitution Ave. NW. Contact: 202/606-5902.
5 p.m. —American Petroleum Institutereleases its weekly report on petroleum inventories. Location: 1220 L St. NW. Contact: 202/682-8000.
8 a.m. —National Science Foundationholds a meeting of the National Science Board. Location: National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Blvd. Room 1235, Arlington. Contact: 703/292-7000.
9 a.m. — Food Safety and Inspection Service holds a meeting to discuss public-health-based inspection in poultry slaughter. Location: George Mason University, School of Public Policy, Arlington Original Building Room 244, 3401 Fairfax Drive, Arlington. Contact: 202/690-6522.
No oral arguments scheduled. Contact: 202/479-3211.
Not in session. Contact: Republican Cloakroom, 202/224-8601, or Democratic Cloakroom, 202/224-8541.
9 a.m. —Energy and Natural Resources Committeeholds a field hearing on “Reducing Barriers to Growth of Emerging Energy Technologies: Relationships Between Federal, State and Local Governments.” Albuquerque, N.M., Mayor Martin Chavez and NanoPore Inc. President Doug Smith testify. Location: Albuquerque Convention Center, 401 Second Ave. Galisteo Room, Albuquerque. Contact: 202/224-4971.
4 p.m. —Budget Committeeholds a hearing on “An Examination of Health Care Costs: Challenges and Options for Reform.” Mary Wakefield, associate dean for rural health, director of the Center for Rural Health at the University of North Dakota at Grand Forks and commissioner of the Commonwealth Fund Commission on High Performance Health System; and Janis Cheney, AARP state director, testify. Location: The Grand International, 1505 N. Broadway, Grand Ballroom, Minot, N.D. Contact: 202/224-0642.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- CANNON: With Russia, different airline crash, same results
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq