- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
Question of the Day
Plan eyed to reopen embassy in Iraq
“The mission will head for Baghdad next week to look into security conditions there and … the modalities of opening the embassy,” Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal told reporters in the Red Sea city of Jidda.
Lawyer abandons work for Christian
CAIRO — An Egyptian lawyer said yesterday he was withdrawing an unprecedented petition requesting that the Egyptian authorities recognize the conversion of one of his clients from Islam to Christianity.
Mr. Hegazy, a journalist and political activist, said in the petition filed to an administrative court on Saturday that he converted to Christianity four years ago.
Japan’s opposition seeks to end mission
TOKYO — Japan’s opposition said yesterday it would consider calling for an end to an air mission in support of U.S.-led coalition troops and the United Nations in Iraq, after taking control of one house of parliament.
The center-left opposition has already said it opposes extending the mission, which is up for renewal, to help U.S. forces in Afghanistan, with current legislation allowing the operation set to expire on Nov. 1.
But the new opposition-led upper house can be overruled by the lower house, where conservative Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s coalition still enjoys a sweeping majority.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow