- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
- Delta cancels all Israel flights over missile fear
- Philadelphia mosque leaders try to sever hand of accused thief
- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
Question of the Day
“Great Britons: Treasures from the National Portrait Gallery, London.” Through Sept. 3.
“Harry Benson: Being There.” Through Sept. 3.
“Portraits of Sandra Day O’Connor.” Through Oct. 8.
“Portraiture Now: Framing Memory.” Through Jan. 6.
National Postal Museum
2 Massachusetts Ave. NE. 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. daily except Christmas. Metro: Union Station. 202/633-1000.
“Moving the Mail.” On permanent display.
The museum of the American Architectural Foundation. 1799 New York Ave. NW. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday except holidays. $5, $3 seniors and students. 202/638-3221.
William Paca House and Garden
186 Prince George St., Annapolis. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-4 p.m. Sunday. Closed holidays. $5 house, $2 garden. 410/263-5553.
1600 21st St. NW. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Thursday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. Closed Monday and holidays. Admission for permanent collection is free on weekdays. Admission is charged on weekends. Exhibits are $10-$12. Free for Phillips Collection members and visitors under 18. 202/387-2151.
“American Impressionism: Paintings From the Phillips Collection.” Through Sept. 16.
Permanent collection of 19th- and 20th-century European and American paintings.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq