- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Question of the Day
748 Jackson Place NW. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, noon-4 p.m. Sunday. Closed holidays. Admission is donation only. 202/842-0920.
• “Gifts from the World to the White House: Caroline Kennedy”s Doll Collection (1961-1963).” Through Jan. 14.
• Tours of the 1819 house, which once belonged to naval war hero Commodore Stephen Decatur.
Department of the Interior Museum
1849 C St. NW. 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday except holidays, 1-4 p.m. the third Saturday of each month. 202/208-4743.
• American Indian Sculpture Garden. On permanent display.
Drug Enforcement Administration Museum
700 Army Navy Drive, Arlington. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday. 202/307-3463.
• “Illegal Drugs in America: A Modern History.” On permanent display.
2715 Q St. NW. Headquarters of the Society of the Colonial Dames of America. Guided tours 10:15 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday except holidays. 202/337-2288.
• American furniture and decorative and fine arts of the 18th and early 19th centuries.
Fells Point Maritime Museum
1724 Thames St., Baltimore. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday-Monday. $4, $3 for students, children and seniors; free for children 12 and younger. 410/732-0278.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world