- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Letters to the Editor
Democrats would compromise security
Press reports this week quoted former CIA operative John Kiriakou as stating that the interrogation techniques utilized in the war on terror have saved lives (“Mukasey eyes ‘waterboarding’ as torture,” Nation, Wednesday). This makes abundantly clear what is at stake in the 2008 presidential elections.
As Mr. Kiriakou states, planned attacks have been averted by the diligent work of America’s interrogators. Under a Democratic Congress and president, those lives would be sacrificed simply because liberal group-guilt weighs heavier on the minds of the MoveOn.org-captive Democrats than the value of American lives. It is a sad reality, but one must consider if they wish to have terrorists and their threats identified and extinguished abroad or on American soil. At times, what must be done to protect American lives may not be pleasant, but it sure beats bombs detonating in our streets because extremists like MoveOn.org and Code Pink control our national security.
Bill joining Hillary’s team
With “Clinton to be [a] player on Hillary’s team,” and “two-for-one-deal cheer[ing] backers” (“Clinton to be player on Hillary’s team,” Page 1, Wednesday), I’m sure that those “backers” will be “cheered” when Mr. Clinton’s “play[ing]” includes such stellar performances as his infamous, last-minute, scathingly criticized pardon of fugitive Marc Rich. Will the “backers” again “cheer” for a “two-for-one” pardon deal following and doubling Mr. Rich’s pardon so that the Clinton-esque travesty in dispensing justice can increase and be plentiful?
O’Malley controls Maryland School Board
I read a disgusting thing on page B2 of Thursday’s Washington Times in an article about the Maryland State School Board (“Grasmick verdict setback to O’Malley,” Metropolitan).
A quote from the article, “[Gov. Martin] O’Malley’s appointment yesterday of three more members will give him the majority … ,” clearly implies that the “new” board with Mr. O’Malley’s majority will do Mr. O’Malley’s bidding.
Why in blazes do we have a school board if they are committed to do the governor’s bidding? For that matter, why have a Senate and a House of Delegates, since they are committed to doing Mr. O’Malley’s bidding? They could all stay home, mail in their yeas, and save all of us poor taxpayers a lot of money.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.