- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
The season music died for Bowden
So I’m reading about this academic scandal at Florida State, about the 20-odd players reportedly cheating in a online music history exam, and I’m thinking: Is that the same course Jack Black taught in “School of Rock“?
Here’s what I really love: Of all the postseason games the Seminoles could have played in, they’re going to the Music City Bowl.
I just got a hold of some of the questions on the test:
1. How many members of the Four Tops are there?
2. What instrument does Matt “Guitar” Murphy play?
3. Who invented the Sousaphone?
4. Complete the following lyric: “A-B-C, it’s easy as 1-2- …”
What, you were expecting multiple choice?
All the suspensions have wreaked havoc with the Seminoles’ depth chart. In fact, right now, their backup nose tackle is the tuba player in the marching band.
According to Mel Kiper, though, the kid is “strong enough to bench press the entire woodwind section” and capable of “blowing his man off the line — literally.”
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- CHELLANEY: China's game of chicken
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'economic freedom zones' for Detroit
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- New Internet security challenge arises for cybercops
- Wife of Obama aide found dead in burning car in home's garage
- Congress creates a legislative fortress for military sex-assault policy
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
"Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you're thinking in order to make your thinking better." - Dr. Richard Paul
Go beyond tourism's "top 10" bus tour destinations with Susan McKee as she explores the varied history, culture, food, and gardens, of the world.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!